WEDNESDAY 4-10-13

We wrapped up our first hour long TV NEWS program on the Local Cable Company. The have a great crew, and a lot of fun to work with. I did my first Television NEWS in 1964 when the Cable Television Industry decided to operate local home town television channels. I had a wonderful time engineering several studio systems, do camera and production work, and then on camera work in several large metro cities back east. Opportunity and other obligations took me to other management positions and industries. I feel like I have gone home to visit an old friend. Good to be back on TV and reporting local news and events to everyone. KAHI Radio is still my home as Barry in the Morning, and now stretching to a camera to enhance the stories is a hoot. We will have linkage to the program, and hope you watch when you have time. One hour a week. Schedules and other information will be coming.

The Auburn City Council created some controversy this week as they wrestle with zoning State driven requirements that demands the city make zoned property available to homeless shelter construction. Many in attendance were passionate about wanting better placement and away from Rail Road property. The State of California mandated all cities to have zoned areas and criteria for the shelters by 10-13 and was issued in 2007. The city was criticized for waiting almost 6 years to act on this mandate. One suggestion by Councilman Bill Kirby was to investigate a county solution to the homeless problem and cities would contribute toward a common effort. I have been investigating the treatment of Homeless and Mental Ill people for the last three months, and have learned a lot, and still am. The ironic thing is the current model started with President Harry Truman who felt there had to be a major modification to the Federal Program to care for the Mental Ill citizens. President John F. Kennedy revised it further which was further expanded by President Lindon Johnson. The Truman model was to close all federal hospitals and fund states to take care of the ill. Truman believed with the returning soldiers from WW II would overwhelm the system, and having the problem supported closer to home would be better for the mental patients. Some states took the lead in this concept such as Massassachuets, CT. and PA. Their programs created state hospitals and neighborhood facilities to care for their residents. California also created state hospitals including the Dewitt Center which started as a military hospital to take care of injured soldiers coming home from the Pacific theater. The Federal Government then turned Dewitt Center over to the state and became a mental hospital. President Ronald Regan then shut down all the State run hospitals with two exceptions. one in Napa and another one somewhere in the central state. Dewitt patients, along with several thousand others were literally set to the streets to fend for themselves.

The Grand Model started by Truman was forced to dealt with by the State, and California State Senator Darrell Strindberg helped author Proposition 63 in November of 2004 to fund, support and provide other resources to support COUNTY health services. This Prop would tax earners of more than one million dollars each year by a 1% tax.

I plan to continue to examine the Prop, how the County is doing, and are the mentally ill getting the care they need? Stay Tuned!

Be Kind To Your Self Today!

26 thoughts on “WEDNESDAY 4-10-13

1. jimmy choo sandals

Wow, awesome weblog format! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging glance easy. The whole glance of your web site is excellent, as neatly as the content material!

2. Grant

This design is steller! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own
    blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.
    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you
    presented it. Too cool!

3. 1000 free flash games

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is just spectacular and i could think you’re a professional in this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to grasp your feed to stay up to date with drawing close post. Thank you one million and please continue the gratifying work.

4. rand fishkin

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be helpful to read content from other writers and use a little something from other web sites.

5. PUA

As a outcome, the notion of ‘pick up’ was no lengthier taken care of as some thing odd or unusual, and in simple fact,properly recognized men who already possessed a organic capability to draw in ladies, grew to become fascinated with ‘pick up’ and their wish to be even better with ladies guide them to learning the a lot of obtainable select up methods that can be found on the net,

6. Facebook Hacker Pro

Hello, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!

Other then that, superb blog!

7. adsense

Wonderful article! That is the type of information that
    are meant to be shared around the internet. Shame on Google
    for now not positioning this publish upper! Come on over and consult with my web site
    . Thank you =)

8. Supple Joint Drink

If the bottle was bigger and cheaper I would use because body treatments.
    When I pulled it out of the shipping carton I was immediately blown away by
    how soft and supple the leather is and what a really nice jacket it is.
    It also helps the skin to be stronger againstwrinkles, fine lines,
    skin sagging, and other undesirable effects of aging.

9. http://canadagreengrassseed.weebly.com

Meandering around the winding streets one can easily
    get lost among the interesting shops. The people that believe the grass is greener on the other side
    of the fence are being deceived. Not only this, it can be mowed at a variety of heights and it can survive on as little as 2-3 hours of sunlight a day.
    Because it’s a low-water grass that can withstand tropical and subtropical climates, it’s
    one of the most popular grasses in the Southern and Southwestern U.

Check out my blog: canada green grass seed (http://canadagreengrassseed.weebly.com)

10. thermal aid zoo animals

Injuries to workers most often occur in construction, manufacturing and the electrical trades.
    The possible way to avoid the red ring of death and other errors is to keep the xbox and the powerbrick in a more
    airy place. Electricity growth has been the global
    driver toward more nuclear and more environmentally friendly methods of
    power generation.

11. jumbo tummy stuffers

Lastly; find a toy that will appeal to the toddler’s interest.
    See if the site offers discrete packaging and delivery services.
    The biggest factor that needs to be kept in mind is the quality.

12. fabriclear

(2)Read reviews and feedback about the hotel you intend to stay
    in. All bed bugs, as well as their eggs, can be seen by
    the naked eye. Put it in a plastic bag, have it to the dumpster, spray
    paint the phrases BED BUGS on the deal, and throw it
    in.

Also visit my web-site; fabriclear