Home » News » Burn Permits Required Starting May 1

Burn Permits Required Starting May 1

The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) will begin requiring burn permits for residential burning within state responsibility areas of Nevada, Yuba and Placer counties on Wednesday, May 1, 2013.  Residents must obtain a valid burn permit and burn only on permissive burn days as determined by their local Air District.  Lynne Tolmachoff cal-Fire Information Officer says burn piles must be smaller now.

                         Click to hear requirements

 Lynne reminds us there are alternatives to burning yard waste.

                         Click to hear more from Lynne

 Nevada, Placer and Yuba County offer chipping programs. For Placer county call (530) 889-0111 ext. 3, in Yuba County at (530) 713-7515 and for Nevada County (530) 272-1122.

Cal fire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *