Home » News » Smoke Alarms Save North Auburn Family

Smoke Alarms Save North Auburn Family

A home in North Auburn was seriously damaged after a fire started in the chimney. Daniel Berlant with Cal-Fire says the home sustained $40 thousand dollars in damage fortunately the homeowners are safe.

Chimney fire 1

The first fire in the wood stove of the cold season are the most dangerous as soot, leaves and even bird nests can be found in chimney that start a chimney fire that can lead to the loss of the entire home.

                                Chimney fire 2

And closing up your home while using gas appliances can also cause an increase in carbon monoxide.

                                Chimney fire 3

No injuries were reported in the home fire.

Berlant_Daniel 304

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>