Home » News » North Auburn Home Total Loss After Fire

North Auburn Home Total Loss After Fire

Imagine losing your home and all its contents during the holidays. That is what happened to the Browning-Spears family in North Auburn while the family of 4 was attending the Festival of Lights Parade in Auburn Saturday night. During the parade the family got a call that their home off Mount Vernon Road had caught fire. Family friend Greg Powell describes the scene the family found when they reached their home.

            House fire 1

Powell says Shannon Browning a teacher at Placer high school, her husband Randy and 2 little girls were overwhelmed by the outpouring of help from the community.

            House fire 2

More than 10 thousand dollars was raised by 2pm Monday on a facebook fundraising web page set up by Randy. The auburn CHP office is gathering Christmas presents for the 2 girls. Powell says volunteers and donations are already coming in to help with clean up of the property in preparations to rebuild the family home. You can find a link to the fundraising web site on our KAHI facebook page.

Spears

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>