- Host Blogs
- About Us
- Local Information
- Contact Us
Imagine losing your home and all its contents during the holidays. That is what happened to the Browning-Spears family in North Auburn while the family of 4 was attending the Festival of Lights Parade in Auburn Saturday night. During the parade the family got a call that their home off Mount Vernon Road had caught fire. Family friend Greg Powell describes the scene the family found when they reached their home.
Powell says Shannon Browning a teacher at Placer high school, her husband Randy and 2 little girls were overwhelmed by the outpouring of help from the community.
More than 10 thousand dollars was raised by 2pm Monday on a facebook fundraising web page set up by Randy. The auburn CHP office is gathering Christmas presents for the 2 girls. Powell says volunteers and donations are already coming in to help with clean up of the property in preparations to rebuild the family home. You can find a link to the fundraising web site on our KAHI facebook page.