Home » News » Local News » TUESDAY 11/1/22 KAHI MORNING NEWS

By BStigers on November 2, 2022.

Today, November first weather is expected to arrive with a winter like storm including rain and snow at higher elevations. Today is predicted to receive ¼ to ½ inch of rain over the greater Sacramento area. Rain expectation drops to 20% on Wednesday but temperatures will be lower than expected. Thursday and Friday are predicted to be dry with rain returning on the weekend.


Residents of Sacramento County could face some fines for lighting their fireplaces this winter.

The use of fireplaces will not be allowed on “no burn” days, and the guidance applies to residents in Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento.  People who light their fireplaces without checking to see if it’s OK the first time could pay $50 or take and pass a smoke awareness.

A “no burn” day is called when weather conditions would lead to the wood smoke being trapped near the ground, and according to the district, the majority of winter air pollution is caused by wood burning. According to the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District, sticking to “no burn” days is important because “fine particle pollution can pose a serious health threat.”


Sacramento County last week voted to fund one of its largest-ever homeless shelters, moving to buy a North Highlands warehouse and parking lot for $23 million. That’s a big deal, but the purchase also draws attention to a pot of money county officials have had since June that could be used to open more shelters and more designated camping sites. The county has $62 million in federal money in the bank it could spend to open homeless shelters and housing. County leaders say they have been working hard to allocate the money as fast as it can, including the vote last week to buy a large North Highlands property for a homeless site, and about $7 million the board approved earlier this year for tiny home projects in south Sacramento.


Some stats were reported this morning at the meddlers chamber of commerce meeting by Cindy Gustafson chairman of the placer county supervisors, 95% of ballots in placer county are mailed in, 164 polling places will be open and staffed with volunteers to accommodate the remaining 5%, there is expected to be a large turnout this election, which is a week from today, and there are 104 versions of this years ballot.

The Lincoln Police Department is investigating an armed robbery Saturday in which a suspect pulled a knife and demanded money inside a victim’s Sun City Lincoln Hills house.

The victim was not injured during the incident. The suspect took the victim’s cash, checks, credit cards, cell phone and driver’s license.

Lincoln Plice Officers were dispatched to the area of Lariat Loop for a report of a robbery at about 6:37 p.m. Saturday.

The 89-year-old female victim told officers that the suspect arrived at her front door, asked to retrieve his child’s ball from her backyard. The victim allowed the suspect inside her house, Suspect pulled a knife, demanded money, cut the phone line to the victim’s home phone and took her cell phone.

The suspect is described as an adult white male in his 20s, 5’10” to 6’1”, 180 to 200 pounds, short brown hair, clean cut wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans. Police said he left in an unknown direction, not known if he left in a vehicle or on foot.

Lincoln Police “later discovered the suspect tried the same type of ruse in the same area a few minutes before but was not given access to the house by the residents. Residents are warned to be alert to unusual situations with anyone that does not look normal to a Sun City fit and be suspicious of anyone residents do not personally know.  


The National Weather Service reports today, the first day of November, will coincide with the first winter storm for Northern California. A winter storm warning across most of the Sierra Nevada starts to occur today at 12:00 PM and last through Wednesday 8:00 PM. Mountain communities can expect anywhere between three and eight inches of snow in areas above five thousand feet above sea level which includes the Sierra above Sacramento to Reno Nevada. 

8 Responses to TUESDAY 11/1/22 KAHI MORNING NEWS